Monday, January 28, 2013

Parachute Festival


This weekend I had the amazing opportunity to go to Parachute Festival! I have always wanted to attend this festival so it was amazing to finally get to go!

 
 

 
As many of you know I have helped with and volunteered at more festivals and conferences than I can count, so it was really fun to be able to attend a festival that I had no part in planning! For those that have been to Creation Fest in England it’s similar to that but way bigger and you have to pay to go. Parachute is the biggest music festival in the southern hemisphere. There were over 17,500 people there!!
The Crowd for Hillsong United and getting ready for Newsboys

I didn’t think I was going to be able to go as I had no one to lead worship for the church while I was there. Thursday evening Hannah from our church said her mom could lead worship for Sunday so I quickly bought my ticket and threw some clothes in a bag. We left at 4am on Friday morning. Talk about last minute planning. I love that the Lord provided for me to go last minute. It was such a cool time for me just surrendering it to the Lord. I have always wanted to attend Parachute but I knew that if the Lord didn’t want me to go I had to surrender it to Him knowing that He has a better plan. So after struggling and surrendering and finally being ok with the fact that I was not going to be able to go, the Lord opened the door and allowed me to go! I love how the Lord does that sometimes.
 The Lead Singer for Rapture Ruckus in a Zorb singing on top of the crowd!

I shared a tent with my friend Ellen (thanks Ellen). It was really hot during the days and really cold at night.  (As I packed last minute I was not ready for the cold.) We saw so many bands, many of whom I have worked with at different festivals and conferences before and also many from the US which was fun! The Lord worked in amazing ways and I am so happy He allowed me to go and experience this part of Kiwi culture!

Leeland and Parachute Band

A big thank you to the Anderton family for saving me seats and letting me hangout with them so I didn’t have to be by myself at all the concerts and stuff!! They are truly the sweetest family, even giving me food! Also the Pyle boys were awesome getting us up front in for the bands and protecting all of the girls from the guys that were dancing a little crazy!!
Kiwi's bring couches camping with them and carry them to the concerts to sit in!
All in all it was amazing weekend and I am so glad I got the chance to go! Also I am very happy to be home and take a real shower and wash my feet!
Bought a Kiwi burger for lunch on the way back (not impressed)

No comments:

Post a Comment