Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Getting colder but still praising the Lord


Is it just me or does time seem to be speeding up? I feel like every week passes so quickly I barely have time to realize it’s a new week and then it’s over.

The Lord is doing so much in my heart and in my life in New Zealand it’s hard to believe I wasn’t planning to come here! Working at the SPCA has been great. I love all the people I work with and am so blessed to get to play with puppies. I am falling in love with all the pups there and would love to take each of them home. It has been great getting to talk with the other workers about the Lord and church as well. Please join me in praying for more opportunities to share the Lord.


The church is going great and I am enjoying building deeper relationships with all the families. It’s really hard to think about going back to the states and leaving all of these amazing people. I can hardly believe my year is getting close to being over. But I still have a few months so I am making the most of every day. I don’t want to miss any opportunity to share the Lord or to be a part of the lives here.

loving coaching basketball
 

Church last sunday

On another note I didn’t get to update before on my adventures of being shoeless. I spent the first 2 weeks of May barefoot. It was really weird at first but the longer I went the more normal it became. The Lord really showed me the abundance of what we have and how little others had. It also gave me greater compassion for people that don’t have enough to buy new clothes when they want or have their basic needs met. I will be praying for them more! My feet grew somewhat callous to the ground and I even got used to stepping in chicken poo and sheep poo.



 

The winter is definitely here! It has been so cold the last few nights I put extra layers of clothes on to go to bed and an extra blanket. Plus my hot water bottle has been a life saver!!! I never realized how much I love the heater in my parent’s house. Without heaters here and poor insulation it is so cold. I am looking forward to visiting CA while it is summer and warm!

 

I am just trying to enjoy every day that I have here and learn from the Lord everything that I can. I pray that I can go back to the states and continue to live making every day count. It is really our attitude that makes the day what it is. If we purpose that the day is going to be a good day and look on the positive side then our day truly will be blessed. On the other hand if we have a bad attitude then our day will suck! Choose to see the bright side of today!

I am also so excited to be able to go to Tonga and Australia before moving back to the states! I will be going to Australia in September for about 2 weeks and then to Tonga with a team from our church for a week and a half in October. Please pray the Lord continues to provide financially for both trips!
Watched Anri play Netball


Played with bees with Dwayne a little freaky but fun!

Finding the Queen

Ellen's Goat!

I don't know if I will ever get used to seeing all the American Cities (especially California) on clothing and things here! Seriously every store has it!!

I am praying for a new place to live here in New Zealand from July to September. Please pray that the Lord opens the door for the right place!

No comments:

Post a Comment