Friday, August 16, 2013

The Promise



 
I love when it’s raining and I can look up in the sky and see the beautiful colors of a rainbow! Rainbows are kind of funny things I suppose. In the midst of a storm the littlest sunshine can peak through and create such vibrant color in the sky. I love them so much and it will be one thing I miss a lot when I am back in America! We have so many rainbows in New Zealand.

 To me Rainbows are always a welcome reminder that God is faithful to His promises especially to provide and take care of us! Every time I see a rainbow it’s like it was placed there just for me and God is whispering “I Promise.” It makes me so happy!

I look in Genesis about after the flood and see the Lord putting it there as a sign to people that He would not destroy the world again with water! Genesis 9:14-15 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud;  and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.

He promises that the waters and the storms will not destroy us. Every time I look at a rainbow I am reminded of that promise. No matter how terrible a trial may seem and how strong the rains the Lord will not allow it to destroy me. I know that the Rainbow is there as a reminder of His love and His promise to me.

I hope that the next time you see a rainbow you are reminded of His love and Promises for you as well! Even if that rainbow is on a flag, picture, or in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment