Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Be anxious for nothing


I’m so excited for what the Lord is doing in my life. I wake up every morning and can’t believe the Lord has brought me to this amazing place. It is crazy to think back about how He led me here and how incredible it is to have it be real. I was reading about The Lord being our Shepherd the other day and walked outside to see sheep on our lawn! It's awesome to see the word come to life.
 

Last Friday I started discipling a lady from our church. She is so beautiful and I love that I get to meet with her. She has such a desire to seek the Lord and to have a real relationship with the Lord and just doesn’t know how to do it. We just started talking about the Lord and started going through the book of Mark together. She wants to be able to teach her kids about the Lord, so we started with Mark so she could teach her kids what we talk about. We have only me once but I am excited for our future meetings.
 This is my friend Ellen we played a game with her family
 I have also been baking a lot of bread. It's so good and cheap to make.
I also got to go to a Rugby game last Friday. The game was really fun to go to but our team lost really bad. After the Rugby game we went to a bonfire that someone was having at their house. It was huge but didn't last long. about 20 minutes after it started a fireman showed up and made us put it out. It was fun while it lasted.

Yesterday I spent half the day with a couple of guys from the church sitting on a street corner singing worship music. I was walking down the street and saw them and they invited me to join them. They were raising money for a Tonga mission’s trip that they are leaving on this Sunday. It was really fun to sing with them and talk to people that came by. Please keep the Tonga team in prayer. They will be there for 2 weeks building a house for a family.

 
I am so blessed the last 2 weeks to be able to Google+ hangout with my family. This last Sunday (well my Monday) cracked me up. My sister had me on her I phone while my cousin Cameron got my cousin Zach (who is at school in Santa Barbara) on his I phone. It was somewhat chaotic but it was fun to see everyone and talk.
 
Yesterday I moved from the house I was at to house sit/kid sit for the pastor and his wife while they go to Queenstown for a few days. I am glad they are able to get away and enjoy each other. They told me that they have not gotten away just the two of them for 15 years. I am praying there trip is relaxing and enjoyable without too much worry. I am having a great time with their kids. I am watching them play with homemade play dough right nowJ every night after dinner they do family devotions so we are going through 1 Thessalonians this week. I can’t wait to hear what they say about the book.

Now I am just preparing for the term to start. I have to plan a few different bible studies for different groups. As well as discipling and other stuff I will be doing. I’m excited to see what the Lord does and what things He has me involved in.

Please keep praying for Him to provide somewhere for me to live. He has been teaching me to wait on Him and not worry. (Be anxious for nothing) I know that He is going to open the door somewhere it’s just in His timing which is never late but sometimes right up to the minute J


 

 



 


1 comment:

  1. His timing is always perfect even if it's not what we think it should be. Love you! -mom

    ReplyDelete